Why is it important to slow the progression of myopia or short-sightedness?
- As children's eyes grow their myopia increases and their dependence on spectacles increases
- This can reduce the ability of children to participate in sports and other activities
- Increasing myopia can lead to eye health problems in the future such as glaucoma and myopic maculopathy
MiSight 1day - the first soft contact lens proven to slow the progression of myopia
- a daily disposable contact lens suitable for myopic children as young as eight years old
- clever ActivControl Technology allows children to see clearly while slowing their myopia progression and eyeball growth
- wearing MiSight 1 day contact lenses is shown to reduce myopia progression in children by 59% on average, reducing their reliance on vision correction